5 Tips for Keeping Your Wood Fence Looking Beautiful for Years to Come
May 15, 2023
For many homeowners, the wood fence is one of the most defining elements of their outdoor home. As such, it’s only natural that you’d want to take good care of your wood fence if you hope to maintain its beauty and strength for years to come. It can be tricky at times, especially since there are a few different things you need to consider when caring for your wood fence – but don’t worry! Today, we’re bringing you 5 simple tips that will leave your wooden fencing looking just as good as new. Read on if you want to learn more about how you can keep your yard looking spiffy all year long!
- Regular Cleaning: Keeping your fence clean is one of the best ways to preserve its beauty and durability. Make sure to brush away any dirt, leaves, or debris that has built up on the fence periodically, as well as give it a thorough wash every few months. Not only will this help to keep your fence looking great, but it can also help protect it from potential damage due to moisture or rot.
- Staining & Sealing: Applying a stain or sealant to your wood fence can help prevent discoloration, fading, and moisture damage over time – and should be done every 2-3 years depending on the type of wood used in your fencing. Choose a high-quality wood stain that’s designed to withstand UV rays, as this will help keep your fence looking bright for years.
- Repair or Replace Damaged/Rotten Parts: Make sure to inspect your wood fence periodically and repair any sections that may have become damaged due to weather, pests, or just general wear and tear. If the damage is severe, however, it may be more cost-effective in the long run to simply replace the section completely rather than trying to patch it up.
- Trim Back Overgrown Plants: Before you can enjoy a beautiful view of your yard from within the confines of your wooden fencing, make sure that you take time every now and again to trim back any plants that have grown too close to it. Not only will this keep your wood fence looking neat, but it can also help prevent insect infestations and potential pest damage.
- Be Vigilant About Pests: Keep an eye out for any signs of pests such as termites, carpenter ants, or other insects that may be trying to make their home in your wooden fencing. If you spot anything suspicious, take steps to get rid of the problem right away – failure to do so will likely result in long-term damage to the structure of your fence!
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to keep your wood fence looking beautiful for years to come. And if you’re in need of professional assistance, contact us today at Armor Fence. We have experienced professionals and we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality customer service and craftsmanship. With the right care and attention, your wood fence can be a timeless asset to any property. So stay on top of upkeep and should you need professional help to keep your perfect fencing solution beautiful over time, give us a call – we offer a free estimate!